e-learning resources (Melville/Myers Pty Ltd ACN 106 068 562 trading as e-learning resources ABN 14 792 830 059) is committed to safeguarding personal information about its subscribers and other website visitors.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) defines personal information as “… information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.”
The personal information collected and stored by e-learning resources is limited to:
- The names of teachers being the point of contact and authorised representatives of schools and colleges trialling and subscribing to the e-learning resources online service (“e-lr Services”).
- The email addresses, school/college/tertiary institution phone numbers of those teachers and phone numbers of individual subscribers.
- Any other personal information those teachers choose to include in electronic forms submitted from this website and emails.
That personal information is used for:
- Processing subscriptions and online access to the e-lr Services.
- Notifying subscribers of enhancements and updates to this website and expiry of subscriptions.
- Obtaining feedback after visitor trial logins have expired.
- Notifying existing and past subscribers of new features and services.
- Conducting surveys to determine subscriber needs.
- Subscriber support services.
We will not, without the express consent of individuals and schools, provide any such personal information to any third parties except:
- To the extent we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.